Pages

Monday 24 April 2017

FitCon 2017 - Olympia London



So on the weekend just gone I headed to my first Fitness Expo in London- an event called Fitcon! I went with a new friend from the gym who - to be honest I didn't know really at all before the event but we were both extremely keen to go and so we decided to go together. It was honestly such a good decision and I'm really glad I went with her. For one, it meant pushing my self out my comfort zone which is something I think is soooo necessary in order to grow, and also because it turns out we have a lot in common and had such a great time. 

At the time of writing this post I am tucked up in bed after a day of the exciting events and honestly I can't even describe how fired up I am. Fitcon was such a great event where by I was surrounded by amazing athletes including Amanda Bucci, Michelle Lewis, Simeon Panda etc. These  people are truly dedicated and disciplined but also so full of passion for the industry. I never thought anything like this would appeal to me but I absolutely loved it and felt so in my element. 

I got the opportunity to meet two amazing youtubers I follow - Lauren Tickner & Elle Darby (pictured below), who keep me constantly inspired and motivated which was pretty cool. I also got the chance to watch some amazing bikini and body building competitions which, for me was such an eye opener. I literally just watched the whole thing in awe of them. 

There were so many familiar brands exhibiting there such as PEScience, Grenade, USN etc and I also picked up a few freebies along the way. I also purchased a few naughty snacks including the new Bounty Protein bar, Lenny & Larry's Cookies - which, by the way are Vegan! They don't have the best macros but they're pretty delicious! 

We also had time to quickly head to central London and get some food at Whole Foods (aka my fave place on the planet). After sampling protein snacks all day and downing BCAA shots, we both felt like we just needed some vegetables- so that's exactly what we got. It was amazing!  
Before we headed back to Kings Cross we also stumbled upon this huge American sweet shop - that even had its own resident Dj! The old me would have gone wild in here, and whilst I resisted temptation, I could have quite happily consumed the majority of the Reeses Section & Lucky Charms cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign