Pages

Monday 20 February 2017

My Experience in Rhodes

So it appears I somehow forgot to document my trip to Rhodes last summer on the blog! Now this is very unlike me because I normally do a bit of a travel post for each place I visit. So my apologies for the delay but here we go...

So back in July last year, my best friend and I decided to go on a girly trip. Now, you guys know me, beaches are not my thing, I'm all about city breaks normally and like to be on my feet all day exploring, so this trip was stepping into the unknown for me! We decided to visit Faliraki in Rhodes and I absolutely loved it. It was one of my favourite holiday's I've been on and so different to anywhere else I've ever visited.


It was SO hot, I can't remember exactly but it was definitely mid thirties! We had some incredible food and it was all so refreshing - like amazing greek salads!  We decided to go self catering because we wanted choice to be able to visit all the restaurants etc at our leisure. We stayed at the Malibu Boutique Studios which I would highly recommend. It was all very modern and new - really chilled out and had such a cool vibe to it.


We just spent our time sipping cocktails, having lovely chilled days at the beach then getting dressed up in the evening to go out for food and even more cocktails! We had so much fun! One of my favourite days was when we went out on a boat trip which had an open top roof that you could sunbathe on - although I arguably came back totally burnt! We also visited Rhodes Old Town which I would highly recommend for a day out and a dose of culture. It wasn't until the last night that we discovered what Faliraki had to offer night life wise - we had the best night out and was so sad the next day when we knew we wouldn't be able to do it all over again.



Faliraki is for sure somewhere I'd love to return to for some sun and makes for a great girly trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign