Pages

Thursday 18 June 2015

The Great Yorkshire Vegan Festival


Morning guys! So last weekend I headed up North and made my way to Leeds City Hall to attend The Great Yorkshire Vegan Festival. My friend Amy and I had planned this little day out for quite some time and I had really been looking forward to it.


We arrived in Leeds just before 10am and navigated our way from the car park to the city hall. There was a huge queue of Vegan food enthusiasts ready to explore the intricate stalls inside. Luckily we didn't have to queue for very long which I was pleased about as the weather was pretty miserable.




Once we got inside we were greeted by several volunteers who stamped us in and gave us some information on where to head next. There were so many wonderful stalls set up that we didn't even know where to start. We got the chance to sample some delicious coffee and try out a variety of baked goods. Although I'm not entirely Vegan my self, I just wished I had brought along some people who were totally against the concept of Veganism just to show them how much variety there is and how tasty Vegan food can be. At the end of the day all it's about is health and kindness and eating what's natural, that's it.



I think perhaps my favourite part of the day was of course choosing out some lovely cookies and tiffins to take home. My favourite stall had to be the bakery called 'That Old Chestnut'. The array of cakes and flavours was amazing. From there I purchased Lavender & Chocolate Cake, Peanut Butter Tiffins and Chocolate Orange Tiffins and a good old fashioned slice of Lemon Cake. I also picked up some Spiced Orange Marmalade which I was very chuffed with. I can only describe the taste of it be like that of Christmas' it was full of notes of Cinnamon and Citrus.


I would totally urge anyone - Vegan or not to have a look around one of these events. It makes for such a fun day out and is something different, it's great!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign