Pages

Friday 12 June 2015

The One Where My Sister Does My Make Up


Morning guys!

So at the weekend I went on a night out in Nottingham with my sisters and her friends for her birthday. In preparation for the evening, my other sister - Paris (who spoke about her skincare routine here) did my make up. This was something that took a lot of persuasion as I'm never too trusting to allow anyone to do my make up but me. I was just scared she would spend so much time doing it for me to hate it and not have time to change it. However, on many occasions I've allowed Paris to do my lip make up and she was makes it look exactly how I want so I knew I could definitely trust her.

I told Paris what I was wearing and the sort of look I wanted to go for. In my head I was thinking bronzey make up with a subtle pink lip. When I saw the final look I was so pleased because she just totally got the vibe I was going for and I loved it!

Now she did apply quite a few products and as it was for a night out the base was fairly heavy because I wanted it to stay put all night. It's worth noting though that I didn't even use a primer and my make up pretty much stayed in place all night apart from my lips which I just had to touch up occasionally. So for my base she used a tiny bit of  YSL Touche Eclat Foundation. As it was an evening look I wanted to contour but I always prefer using liquid, so we used the YSL Foundation again to highlight and MAC Studio Fix in NC25 to put in the contour areas. She also added a touch of the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer under my eyes. All of this was blended using the Real Techniques Beauty Blender. Whilst letting the Foundation set in place Paris did my eye make up. She did my all time favourite and probably my 'signature' eye look, which is of course the Dolce Vita. She did however add a little bit of black eyeshadow across my lash line though just to make my eyes look a little more defined. Normally I shy away from Eye Liner completely because I just find that it doesn't suit me. However Paris ensured the finished look was subtle. I found that just adding the tiny bit of black to the bronzey make up really brought out the blue in my eyes.

Once the Foundation was all set, Paris used the MAC Mineralize Natural Powder just to remove any unwanted shine. She also added a little bit of the Clinique Chubby Stick in Curvy Contour across the bridge of my nose and my cheek bones just to create the illusion of a slimmer face as I was blessed with hamster cheeks! For Highlight we added the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow down the bridge of my nose, at the top of my cheeks and on my cupids bow - this looks amazing and really gives the look just a hint of extra glam.

For my lips we actually used a MAC Lipstick that I had forgotten about for ages - Snob! I had actually put this in my 'make up I don't really use' box because it never used to suit me, however combined with a little tan and the bronzey make up, I just found this perfect. She lined my lips with MAC Lip Liner in Cork, added Snob and then topped with just a hint of Charlotte Tilbury Sweet Stiletto for a 3D Glossy effect.

Once this was all finished, Paris handed responsbility back over to me so I could do my Mascara and Eyebrows. I curled my Eyelashes and then used my favourite Mascara - the Benefit Roller Lash. I then used my usual Brow combo which is Benefit Gimme Brow, to tint my brows and keep them in place. I then add the Wax section of Benefit Browzings to define my brows.

I understand there were a lot of products used to create this finished look but it was for an evening out and I think they all worked perfectly together. I will definitely be re-creating this look again!

What do you think to the finished look?


1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! Your sister's done a really lovely job! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign