Pages

Wednesday 3 December 2014

A Winter Evening - Date Night Make Up


Hey my lovelies, welcome to day 3 of BLOGMAS!

Today I wanted to share with you my currently most favored make up look for a date night. You guys know I like to step things up in the make up department when the weekend arrives, however even more so when it comes to date night. I never like to be overly fussy with my eyeshadows,  lets be honest, I'm not the biggest expert when it comes to the old smokey eye and blending the crease kinda thing. I feel though that a little shimmer and a strong brow is the way to go for a date night - nothing too extravagent but something that looks just that little bit more special.

So let's talk through the look... First things first though, I actually forgot to feature the focal part of the look on the photograph above and that is the Loreal Lumi Magique Foundation. You guys know that when it comes to the base I'm all about the luxury brands - YSL Touche Eclat, Double Wear, Studio Fix etc - you know the drill. Just recently I've been loving the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation more than ever but the other day I actually ran out so instead I opted for the Loreal Foundation. My mum uses it everyday and swears by it so I gave it a try. It is very similiar to the YSL Foundation - the finish is light on the skin, dewy and radiant. However you do need to use more product than you would the YSL one which is a shame but it's definitely a Foundation I would suggest investing in, it's only £10.99 and is pretty much a dupe for the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation apart from the amount of formula required. I actually mixed the Loreal Foundation with a pump of my YSL Rose Gold Primer (which I'm in love with) to add a bit more shimmer to my face and just brighten it up that little bit.

Moving onto the brows - I used the Benefit Gimme Brow in the Dark Shade to tint my eyebrows and add a bit of volume to them. I then went in with the wax part of the Benefit Browzings and filled in the gaps where my eyebrows are a little sparse! After that I then went over again with my Gimme Brow just to make the look a bit more natural and to set my brows in place.

For my lashes, on this occasion I decided to go for the Clarins Be Long Mascara - this is a travel mini that I received as a Gift With Purchase. I love this Mascara, it really lengthens your lashes but still looks very natural.

At the minute I am just obsessed with Golden/Bronze Shimmery Eyeshadow, you've gotta love a bit of Gold! I think this is a really simple but effective look to go for, it doesn't require any faffing but looks super glam. I went for the Kiko Water Eyeshadow in the shade Champagne 200 that I actually bought when I was in Milan. I just popped this all over my lid until the crease and then blended it out a bit to give a subtle effect. I also applied the product near my tear duct as I just think it looks super pretty! I am in love with this Eyeshadow - if you're a fan of the Naked Palettes this will be right up your street. It's also very long lasting and pretty much stays put all evening.

On my cheeks I just popped on my MAC Alluring Aquatic Bronzer  in the shade Refined Golden for a little sun kissed glow. I didn't go too hard on the Bronzer as I didn't want a sculpted contoured look, I just wanted to add a little colour to my face.

Last but not least, on my lips I used the Clarins Lip Perfector in shade - Petal Shimmer. I just love this Gloss as it's not sticky and in your face, it just adds a sheeny pink wash to your lips and works really well with the golden eyeshadow.

I hope you liked this post! Let me know what your favourite Date Night make up products are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign