Pages

Tuesday 2 December 2014

A Christmas Treat - Gingerbread Cupcakes


Morning guys and welcome to day 2 of Blogmas! It wouldn't be Blogmas without some festive baking now would it?! So today I thought I would show you guys how to make some super festive Gingerbread Cupcakes.

Now, I'm not professional baker but it's something I love doing, even more so at Christmas time. These Gingerbread Cupcakes are inspired by the ones I've seen in Costa and I thought I would give it a go at putting my own spin on them.

So let's get down to business...



What You'll Need

  • 3 & 1/2 Cups of Self Raising Flour
  • 1 TBSP Baking Powder
  • 1 & 1/2 TBSP Ground Ginger
  • 1 TSP Cinnamon
  • 1 TSP Ground Cloves (Optional, I used these as the recipe indicated but I would advise leaving them out as they don't break up even when you whisk them and have a very strong taste!)
  • 200g Butter (Again optional! I actually forgot to put Butter in my recipe but they still turned out very nice!)
  • 1 Cup Golden Syrup
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
  • 1 Cup of Hot Water




The Method

As usual with the majority of my baking recipes - they're all pretty simple. You can either do the all in one method with this mixture and then blast the electric whisk on the ingredients once they're all in the bowl or you can add ingredients in gradually at your leisure. There is no right or wrong way of doing this!

The mixture makes enough for about 20 Cupcakes. Set your oven to 180 degrees and bake between 10 -15 minutes (all ovens vary).

One you've cooked your Gingerbread Muffins you need to let them cool - NOTE your kitchen will smell all lovely and festive! Whilst the Muffins are cooling you need to make the Buttercream which is just a basic Buttercream Frosting - 1 Cup of Butter & 2 Cups of Icing Sugar. Stick to that ratio and you're good to go.  Give it a good whisk and then decorate however you like. I did a mixture between mini Lindor Reindeers & Santa's, Milky Buttons and Chocolate Chips and then dusted them all with icing to give that lovely Snowwy effect.


Hope you guys enjoyed this post! If you have any Christmas inspired baking recipes please do let me know in the comments below, I would love to see what you're all whipping up in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign