Pages

Monday 1 December 2014

Christmas Organisation Tips & Some Exciting News!


Hello my lovelies...pinch punch first day of the month, hooray December is finally here! Although I'm super excited about the prospect, I imagine for the majority of you reading this the 'D' word fills you with dread, don't worry I've got it all covered.

So today I thought seen as it's the first day of December it would be nice to share with you guys my top tips.

1. First things first, let me just say that Christmas Shopping is not as scary as you think. If  the thought of traipsing through shopping centers throughout Decembers makes you shudder at the thought then just remember you now have another option available - Online. Tonnes of people now opt for online shopping for their Christmas shopping, it's a lot more convenient in many ways. For example if you work a lot of hours and just simply don't have enough hours in the day to put aside some spare time to go shopping, online shopping is quick and simple. The majority of brands these days also offer a gift wrapping service which means everything is done and dusted, all you have to do is place the gift under the tree!

2. Write a list - Seriously this is my answer to anything organisation-wise but it genuinely works! Writing lists are great because it means you get the chance to write down everything that is floating around in your head and actually put a method to the madness. If you don't write down your to-do's then there's a chance that it could be missed off, which is obviously something you don't want to happen. If you're super geeky you could even write several lists, i.e. one for food shopping, one for gifts to buy, one for what needs to be done on each day of December in the run up to Christmas.

3. Something that I think is really important at Christmas time is to stick to a budget. I know what you're thinking 'it's easier said than done' but honestly it is actually fairly easy. Before you start spulging on gifts - write down (another list for you ;) ) how much you're spending on each person and stick to it. I mean, I'm the worst for sticking to a budget, Kyle & I set a budget each year and pretty much every year we go over it but this year we will stick to it! My words of wisdom would be, don't set a budget you can't afford, there is nothing worse than spending all this money on everyone to end up leaving yourself poor for the rest of the month. There's no doubt December is the most expensive time of the year but be clever with the money you have so you can enjoy the festive season as well.

Now for the exciting part - I am pleased to announce to you guys that I will be taking part in 'Blogmas'. Which for those of you who don't know means that every day throughout December until Christmas I will be posting a new blog post. So that's a post every single day for 24 days! I'm super excited about this because generally I only post about 3 times a week so posting every day will be challenging but I reckon I'm up for it.  So this is Blogmas Day 1! I will be featuring a lot of festive blog posts through December along with my usual content so don't forget to check my blog out each day for something new! :)

If you're taking part in either Blogmas or Vlogmas please leave a link below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign