Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

The Luxe Weekend Face


Morning guys - so it's not the weekend yet, but well we're half way there so here it goes.

On weekends I like to step it up a notch and by this I mean the luxe products come out to play. On week days I'm not so fussy about my appearance, getting up early is traumatizing enough as it is, let alone applying my make up whilst I'm half asleep at 6:50am. I'm not about that life. On weekends however I like to take a long time prepping my face for the day ahead and so I reach for the products that I know work and make me feel confident. Admittedly I love doing my make up on a weekend, although the products I tend to use are on the pricey side but work hard play hard and all that, right?

My weekend FOTD look is as follows, give or take a few little extras. So first of all I apply my YSL Rose Glow Primer or sometimes I like to mix it in with my foundation, depends what I fancy. I absolutley love this product and a review will be up very shortly, I promise! Next up, I generally reach for the Estee Lauder Double Wear - I wear the shade 1C0 Shell, the palest shade of them all! This foundation is just one of them holy grail foundations, it stays put pretty much all day long and has brilliant full coverage - so if that's the sort of thing you're into, you should definitely purchase one for yourself. After applying my base and allowing a little breathing time for the products to dry and do their thing, I like to apply the YSL Touche Eclat Highlighter (or the Benefit High Beam) onto my cheek bones and brow bones to add a little glow to my face. Occasionally I contour with this look whether it be with a liquid foundation or with a bronzer, again it depends what takes my fancy. I then sculpt and tint my brows using the Benefit Gimme Brow, this product works wonders if you have naturally blonde brows. I actually really like the shape of my natural brows but I find they're just way too pale naturally and the Gimme Brow just adds a bit of volume/definition and temporarily tints your natural brow. I finish off the look by applying my Benefit They're Real Mascara to my lashes, this is a product  I purposely restrict just for weekends, as it was very expensive for the amount of product you get so I prefer just to use this on the weekends or for special occasions. On the lips, in the day time I tend to adopt a glossy/clear finish approach with the first point of call being either the Chanel Glossimer Lipgloss in shade Songe or the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in a barely-there glittery shade.

What products do you save for the weekend/special occasions?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try the YSL rose glow primer, it looks and sounds amazing! Josie xxx josielcross.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign