Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Packing Tips For A City Break


Hey my lovelies! So today let's talk about packing.

If you follow me on Twitter or check out my blog regularly you will know that I've booked a holiday, however the destination of this holiday has been shrouded in mystery until now and guess where I'm off to - Milan!! Yay, now I can breathe! For Kyles 21st birthday I booked a city break for us both, he knew we were going somewhere but I refused to tell him the place we're going until his birthday. After swearing myself to secrecy the past two months I can now babble on about it until the cows come home, hooray. It's been so difficult to keep it a secret and on numerous occasions I nearly let loose the M word. However, you'll be pleased to know it did stay a secret right up until his birthday and we can now both beam with excitement together! Now I've gotten that out my system, let's regain navigation and talk about what you came here for, ooo yes packing tips.

So, it's fair to say I've been on quite a few short trips the past couple of years - most of them in the UK and the odd one abroad. Since my trip to Stockholm, I believe I have mastered the art of packing, okay well not quite but I've made a pretty good attempt at it.

Some people hate packing for their holidays - me? I thrive off it, I would go so far as to say it is one of my favourite things to do. I mean there is a whole process before the actual packing, there is the online browsing, the purchasing, the delivery of the purchases and then well, by that time it's time to whip out your trusty little suitcase.

One thing I do hate and I'm hoping you guys will join me on this one - the holiday aftermath. I'm talking packing your suitcase to go home and the zillion washing loads your welcomed to when you get home. I love packing if I'm off somewhere exciting but when it comes to the final day on holiday, I usually end up just scrunching everything into my suitcase, hating life. On the polar opposite - my pre-travels suitcase is a completely different picture. I arm my self with items for pretty much every single situation and the suitcase is packed efficiently and neatly.

Enough with the jibber jabber, time to serve up my top tips.

1. Write a list - Okay, so I'm a list addict - I love lists and need to go to list rehab. To me there is nothing more satisfying than writing a list and accomplishing tasks on that list. So, I suggest you write a list of everything you need to pack first of all and you can tick everything off as you go along.
2. Check the weight - It sounds silly but it is so important that you know your luggage allowance. I can't think of anything worse than arriving at check in, only to have to remove crucial items from your suitcase.
3. Do your homework - Make sure you check the weather forecast for the place you're jetting off to, otherwise you may end up wearing high waisted hot pants in a place that is filled with snow! Pack accordingly and make sure you take some alternatives just in case the weather suddenly changes.
4. Get Organized - So realistically, when  booking your city break you need to ensure you have everything you need for your holiday so for example if you need a bikini or a winter coat make sure you get one in plenty of time.
5. The Method - Now, when it comes to packing your suitcase there is a method to the madness. Flat packing your clothes or rolling them is usually a pretty good way to do it, you want to be able to squeeze everything into your case so it's super important you pack efficiently.

What are your top tips for packing your suitcase?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign