Pages

Tuesday 21 October 2014

The Hummingbird Bakery Giant Cookie Recipe


Morning guys...today I thought I'd share a recipe with you that is super lovely but  also very indulgent.

As I think I've probably mentioned, last week it was Kyles 21st Birthday. Initially, I was going to order him a personalized giant Millies Cookie - but then I thought making my own would be much more personal and he will see that I've actually made an effort my self. So, I decided to make him a Giant Cookie. I've made these in the past and they always went down a real treat! Generally, what I do is get a recipe that makes around 12 Cookies but rather than separating the mixture into individual cookies, I throw all the Cookie Dough into one circular tray to make the ingredients into one Giant Cookie.

I've used several similar recipes in the past that vary slightly, but it wasn't until my Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook arrived the other day that I started sifting through the pages in search of the perfect cookie recipe - which, as I'm sure you can guess is this very one! This recipe is amazing and my favorite yet, like said previously it is very indulgent but it is a real treat, if you are a cookie monster, I would totally urge you to get your baking hat on.

I was actually really pleased with the outcome of the bake - the Cookie you see in the picture at the bottom of this post was actually my practice version to ensure everything went swimmingly with the real one!

So first things first, for this recipe you will need:
225g unsalted Butter at room temperature
350g light brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
400g Plain Flour
2 1/2 Teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
225g Chocolate (the recipe book says dark but I got milk Chocolate!)

You will also need...
1 large circular greased Baking Tray
1 Spatula
Weighing Scales
1 Large Mixing Bowl
1 Medium Mixing Bowl
Greaseproof paper
1 Wooden Mixing Spoon

1. Put your Butter & Brown Sugar in a bowl and mix until all the Butter has melted.

2. Add the Flour, Bicarbonate of Soda into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl/jug - whisk your two Eggs.
4. In another bowl break up your chocolate (you can add more chocolate than the recipe states if you fancy!)
5. Add your Butter & Sugar into the bowl with the dry ingredients and slowly start to pour in the whisked Egg. Mix the ingredients until they start to go into a Cookie Dough form. Once the Dough is pretty much formed you can now add your Chocolate.
6. Distribute the Cookie Dough onto a circular grease proofed baking tray

7. Bake for 12/15 minutes at 180 degrees, however do check periodically as some ovens are hotter than others.
8. Once your cookie is baked, wait for it to cool and then decorate however you like!

You can obviously decorate the Cookie however you like! Here are a few suggestions  -
M & M's, Smarties, Chocolate Buttons, Melted Chocolate,  Buttercream Frosting


Let me know if you decide to bake this Cookie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign