Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

The Coffee Edit


Hey my lovelies. So since the Iced Tea Edit went down a storm and since I consider my self to be somewhat a non-alcoholic beverage connoisseur - only joking of course, I thought I would do a similar sort of post but this time focusing on Coffee. This one goes out to all the caffeine addicts out there, you're not alone!

Okay so first of all, I have a slight confession. Coffee and I used to have a serious thing going on for a long time but it now appears they give me head aches so my intake has been decreased significantly down to just weekends/special events, boo...

So, if you're here now my guess is that we all have something in common, we all love Coffee! There are many types out there with all super fancy names - Americano, Cappucino, Machiato you get the jist. It seems the world can't get enough of this wonderful creation, in fact the amount of us that are basically emptying our wallets/purses just to get our coffee fix for the day is significant. It seems when it comes to coffee, quality is everything and well, with that comes a hefty price tag...

There are so many variations and blends of coffee whether its filter, shots or blended with ice, it seems we're all there. For me, what I get my kicks out of is definitely the following (just to name a few) - Soya Mocha, Caramel Machiato, Mocha Frappicno, Gingerbread Latte and well of course we're all going crazy for the seasonal special. You guys know what I'm talking about, yep that's right PSL or the official name Pumpkin Spice Latte, whatever it is you like to call it.

Maybe it's the care and precision in the way our drinks are hand crafted, possibly its the good quality structured coffee take out cup or maybe it's just the unreal aroma that get's us going? I'm not entirely sure what it is but unless you've been sleeping for an age, you will have probably noticed that everyone is going cray for posting their Coffee on Instagram and well basically any social media. I mean, c'mon you don't go to Costa and not Instagram evidence to share with everyone where you have just been, that's just against the rules of social media okay? I'm just as guilty as the next person. In fact, as a sort of intervention for my self, I thought collating all of my Coffee Instagrams pictures I've accumulated and putting them into a collage would be a source of entertainment for you all.

P.S I've never tried one my self but supposedly the holy grail drink for any coffee addict/barista is the Flat White. They're one of the strongest coffees but also one of the most technically challenging drinks to craft. If you master creating the most Instagrammable Flat White then you should most definitely give yourself a pat on the back or so I hear from my sister - who just so happens to be a Barista at Costa!

What's Coffee Drink are you addicted to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign