Pages

Monday 29 September 2014

Finding Happiness & Keeping It.


Morning guys, so seen as my post '5 Ways To Completely Relax' was such a hit (slightly off topic to my norm of beauty and ramblings), today I thought I would talk about happiness - basically what makes you happy and how you can keep your happiness.

So we all lead these hectic lives - work gets in the way, you're stressed/filled with anxiety and you find yourself snapping at people for no reason, sounds about right? We all do it occasionally, although at times it can be difficult, it is avoidable. If you read my post about 5 Ways To Completely Relax, hopefully you will have picked up a few tips on how to get rid of that sub conscious of yours ticking away, overthinking and worrying! Now it's time to take these habits to the next level, which is of course - doing what makes you feel good, what makes you happy!

All too often we give into the temptations of others and their needs - which is all well and good but make sure you're taking care of number 1. A little me time is always good, just completely chilling out and well, doing what makes you happy. For me, there are several things that make me happy - tapping away at my keyboard writing my blog being one of them. Whether it's writing a post to go live or just writing out how you're feeling and then deleting it - it just takes me to a zone where I feel content. Who know's maybe your idea of writing is hell, maybe you get your kicks out of drawing or playing sport. We all have our 'happy place' - something that de-stresses us, flourishes our creativity and in turn, motivates us. Blogging is my hobby, it's something I just really enjoy - I'm a really creative person and enjoy the whole process - from the brainstorming, the visuals, the write up and clicking that 'publish' button is all super satifying to me. I also enjoy usual girly stuff, yano the usual - shopping for clothes/make up, having bubble baths, burning Yankee Candles etc. I also love going to Coffee Shops whether it be to sit down and read a book or if I'm meeting up with someone. Even the prospect of going to Waitrose makes me happy - how sad is that? What can I say, I'm a sucker for Visual Merchandising & clever branding, all of which Waitrose has down to a tee!

So basically what I'm saying is - if you enjoy playing sport, writing poetry, playing an instrument, blogging or whatever, don't let it fade into the background. Make sure you do something you love everyday to better yourself or simply to have fun. My motto is and always will be - if something makes you happy, do it! Life is far too short to worry about everything. Sure, it's good to keep on top of everything and keep stuff in order but putting aside just a little part of your day to do something that makes you happy, will make all the difference and worth all the hard work.

I'd love to hear what makes you guys happy if the comment section below!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign