Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Mini Monochrome Capsule Wardrobe

Hey guys! So something a little bit different from me today on the blog. I know I normally blabber on about what I've been up to, food and beauty products but today I want to talk clothes. I feel like I have neglected the fashion posts a lot as of late so here is my come back.

As you guys all know, a month or so ago I went to Stockholm. In preparation for my little city break I decided to start creating a bit of a capsule wardrobe and well since my style has changed a bit recently - I've gone from looking like a bit of a hipster to more of a classy/girly look as I think it's a bit more grown up and just a bit more me these days to be honest. You know how it is...Anyways, black and white clothing seems to be taking over my wardrobe so I thought hey why not go down the route of making it all Monochrome so it can all be mixed and matched. So that's what I ended up doing and here is the contents of it right here:

Slogan Tees


I've always been a sucker for a slogan tee and probably always will be. These cute tops have been worn to death but I just love them! The Berlin top is from the tall section at Topshop and you can get that here. The Bee inspired lyrics 'I Woke Up Like This' Tee is actually from an online clothing store I was recently introduced to - Wear All. I am in love with this top. It's just easy to throw on with leggings or jeans and you can pretty much pair it with trainers/sandals - whatever you like really and it just goes.  It's fast become a wardrobe staple of mine. 

An All Rounder



This is my most favourite coat in the world, I think it cost me about £60 from ASOS and I love it. I wear it with everything and anything I can get away with. It's just so versatile, stylish but effortless. It dresses up any outfit you're wearing and makes it look just that little bit more smart. I am still after the white version of this because I just know I would get a lot of wear out of it and well, Kylie Jenner has been spotted wearing it as well! 

The Necessities



I always really begrudge spending my money on items like leggings but to be honest they are a wardrobe necessity and you can't fault the comfiness. I don't know if I have mentioned to you guys before but I literally don't own a single pair of jeans. I am - and always will be a comfort over anything kinda girl. I did have some Black Leigh Topshop jeans which wear super comfy to be fair but I chucked them away a while back (come to think of it, maybe a possible re-purchase to add to my list). So yeah basically I wear leggings with everything. My usual go to pair is the River Island high waisted longer length ones which are £10 each. I seem to go through pairs of these like there is no tomorrow, I swear I'm cursed! I'm so clumsy I'm always ripping them or catching them in something. Oooops. Oh and I am in love with my Checked River Island Trousers!



I am obsessed with my black mesh RI skirt. I picked this up about a year ago now and just know it's gonna be a regular in my wardrobe for a long while. 

Plain vests are normally something I never get too overjoyed about purchasing but just lately I'm loving them. There are so many different vest styles out at the minute - Topshop & Zara are my favourites for these as you can see in the above Images!

Another item in this capsule wardrobe I have worn way too much is my Topshop Checked Crop Top from the tall range. I think because the majority of the items in this collection are fairly plain, it's nice to throw in something with a bit of a pattern that just pops. Do you know what I mean?

For the date night

These beauties are my go-to items in my wardrobe at the moment especially if I'm going on a date night. I will be brutally honest and tell you now - the White high neck long sleeved sheer top is my favourite of the bunch. I love wearing this with my ASOS coat. It's from Monki (also available at ASOS). The other favourite is my black high neck crop from ASOS. If my Monki top is in the wash or something this is second option I will reach out for. Last but not least is my three quarter sleeved top from Zara. Kyle likes to call this 'the paper top' because apparently the material on the back feels like paper, strange. The other side of the top is super soft! I like to wear this if we are just going out for brunch or something because it's not as dressy as the other two tops.


For the tootsies


Although it's a part of our body not many of us dare to bare - in summer it's pretty hard to avoid whipping your feet out. My staple summer sandals are from river island and I think they're wondering, especially for wearing in the day time. My chunkier black shoes (which are a bit worse for wear - my apologies) are perfect for wearing in the evening and since I'm already a shady 5ft 9 I don't want to be much taller so these are just right for me! 

What is in your capsule wardrobe this summer? Comment below or send me a link to your post x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign