Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

Summer Days & Daisy Chains







Hey lovelies! So,excuse me if I've been a bit quiet on the old blog this week but this sun has just been too beautiful to ignore!

I'm not normally into this sun kinda thing - it always makes me feel faint, I hate being hot and sticky and worst of all you have to wear skimpy outfits that make me feel so self conscious. However, maybe there is something about being stuck in an office 9-5 that makes me enjoy heated days like this.

This week has been a bit of an odd one but we'll leave that for another day. The week started by my sister and I going to visit one of my lovely friends Katie who I haven't seen in ages! Who doesn't love a girly catch up?

With the sun gleaming out I thought it would be rude not to take advantage of the lovely weather by going to walk the dog with my dad. We went to one of our usual spots - Sherwood Forest and also went out for a yummy dinner at a local pub. Check out my calorific dessert below, mmm.

Friday was a great day because Kyle came back home for the rest of summer, so rather than just seeing him on weekends I'm now going to get to see a whole lot more of him which is pretty fantastic I guess. Even better on Friday was the fact I got to see some of my old work mates - Megan & Ry. We went to a lovely vintage pub for dinner - unfortunately on this occasion I forgot to take photographic evidence as we were too busy gossiping and having a catch up. I can assure you though it was amazing!

On Saturday I woke up pestering Kyle to go to the seaside for the day but he was having none of it! Instead we decided to whip the deck chairs out, put our shades on and blast out some summer music. Normally when we're together we're rushing around and going out all the time so it was nice just to chill for once. We also played Jenga (which we won't discuss any further because I lost). I also made a Daisy Chain which I was very proud of and wore as a cute little headband.  After this we just had a lazy evening and Kyle cooked me tea.



With the sun still shining the day away, Sunday morning Kyle decided to  wake me up at what felt like the crack of dawn to go to Meadowhall. Meadowhall of all places on a day like this - we must be mad! However it was actually really nice, we only quickly went in as we were on a mission but because we went so early and with it being a Sunday it was nice and peaceful. Since we had gotten up so early I suggested we went to Starbucks to try the new Coconut Mocha Frappuccino which was incredible. I cannot recommend it enough. Amazing!

Anyways we then rushed back because we had been invited out for a bite to eat because it was Kyle's Dads Birthday. Notice the pattern in this post, food is appearing all too often, ooops! After grabbing some lunch we went back to Sherwood Pines because it was still a big old heatwave outside. After a hectic day though, the sun had took it out of us so an evening consisting of Friends on TV and an early night was definitely on the cards.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign