Pages

Monday 11 April 2016

24 Hours in Cologne, Germany


So a few of weeks back I was lucky enough to visit Cologne in Germany for a work trip. It was literally a one day trip and we had a busy itinerary of meetings and training so it was pretty intense! I was very lucky in that my hotel was less than a 30 second walk away from the famous Kolner Dom Cathedral, which I had a lovely view of from my hotel room!

As it was such a quick trip I didn't get the chance to see much of Cologne however I'd definitely like to go back ago whether it be for work or at my leisure, it's such a beautiful city and as we were driven about by Taxi mainly, we got the chance to see a lot of the city.

When we went out for a meal with clients it was very quickly clear that the Germans like their beer! We went to a Bier Keller style place where the waiter just keeps on putting half pints of Beer infront of you until you put your Beer mat on top to politely say 'no more thank you!'. As somebody who doesn't like beer, I felt obligated to at least have a couple or I would have been frowned upon.

I've heard Cologne is beautiful during the winter and has a fantastic Christmas Market so it's somewhere I would definitely like to return to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign