Pages

Friday 19 February 2016

Breakfast at Sarabeths & A Central Park Carriage Ride


Out of all the time I spent in New York I think this has to be my favourite day of the entire trip.

Although the day started off pretty hectic - (It turns out trying to grab something for Breakfast in New York is a nightmare). All we wanted for breakfast was to head to somewhere that does great pancakes, but with there being so many places to choose from we couldn't pick somewhere. So, instead we hopped in a yellow cab and just asked the driver to take us somewhere that does great Pancakes and he recommended Sarabeths, so that's where we headed for. I would urge anyone planning on visiting the big apple to go there for breakfast or brunch, its amazing! It definitely feels quite posh but the price tag isn't so much in my opinion! Great service, great food - what more could you ask for? P.S if you opt for the French Toast, I hope you're hungry because the portions are huge! I'm pretty sure the whole time I was in the US my body was just running on pure Maple Syrup. I'm actually kinda embarrassed how many times my sister commented on the fact I just drown my Pancakes in Syrup, ooops!


After an amazing breakfast we wandered over to where all the Horse & Carriages were to see how much it would cost. We opted for the ride that lasts around an hour and takes you all around Central Park, I think it was $100 plus tips, I can't quite remember though. It was such a lovely day for it as well, freezing but so lovely all the same. The driver was great, before we set off he grabbed us both a Hot Chocolate and we got a nice little blanket to keep us warm! When we went through Central Park the driver showed us all the famous locations such as the bit in Elf where Buddy & his brother throw snowballs and the scenes from Home Alone as well. He also let us stop for a photo at the famous F.R.I.E.N,D.S Fountain! We also went past a set that was being filmed for The Black List on Netflix which was pretty cool, there was even fake snow!


I only got the chance to visit Central Park on this one occasion but I loved it and next time I head to Manhattan I will definitely be jumping at the opportunity to go on a run there - although I have visions of me looking like Pheobe off F.R.I.E.N.D.S - but its New York, who cares?! Everyone is just doing their own little thing aren't they!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign