Pages

Friday 10 April 2015

My Current Favorite Make Up Look


Morning guys, so today I thought I'd share with you my current favourite make up look, which is perfect for weekends and is pretty much fool proof. It is a great way to cheat flawless skin and requires very little effort in the eye department and is all natural looking. For this look it's all about a strong natural looking brow, bronze with a touch of shimmer and a matte nude lip.

These are the products I use to achieve this FOTD...

So obviously I started off with cleansing my face and then using my moisturizer and my beloved Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. After letting that soak in for a minute or so I then apply a mixture of two bases - a touch of the Clarins BB Cream & 2 pumps of the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation - with I find is the perfect face formula. I wont harp on too much about the YSL Foundation because you all know my feelings towards it but basically it is radiant skin in a bottle however for weekends I don't feel it delivers enough coverage - that's when the Clarins BB Cream swoops in. I know what you're thinking a BB Cream and Coverage? I thought the same, when I purchased BB Cream I thought it was essentially a tinted moisturizer but for some reason or another this BB Cream has excellent coverage (I'd say medium) and a little goes a long way. Anyway, mixed together these two products seem to give an almost flawless base. I always get compliments on my skin when I use this combo, I think this is also due to the fact that the two products combined have great staying power.

Next up is the Brows and I used Benefit Browzings in Medium & Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Dark. I only use the wax part of the Browzings Palette as it keeps your brows looking natural, tamed and defined.

I then move onto the eye area where I applied the Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Eyeshadow/Concealer Primer. Pretty much any Eyeshadow Primer will work though! Believe me, I was skeptical about Eyeshadow Primers at first but they are so worth the money and make such a difference. For the Eyeshadow I used Chopper from the Urbay Decay Naked 2 all over the socket which I am obsessed with at the minute, it just looks so beautiful on and really makes my eyes pop. All you need is a simple sweep of this across the lids and you're good to go. I then curled my Eyelashes with the Boots Eylash Curlers. This is a fairly new step that I have incorporated into  my routine but feel it makes such a difference - I then add the Benefit Roller Lash to create voluminous fluttery Eyelashes.

For Contour and Highlight, my product of choice is of course the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze  & Glow.

On the lips I used the Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk by Charlotte Tilbury all over the lips to create a longer lasting  effect and enhance my cupids bow. Last of all I add the MAC Velvet Teddy onto my lips. Now this was a product I wasn't too sure about at first as I felt as though it kind of washed me out but used in hand with all the products mentioned above I feel it creates a lovely bronzed, clean finish.

What is your favourite go-to look at the moment?


1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous look! x
    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign