Pages

Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Tastiest Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe


Hey guys. So it's been a while since I've treated you all to a recipe post but this is mostly because I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen recently. It appears the Tanya Burr Cookies go down a storm in my house and at work - I've lost count of how many batches I've made these past few months. Another favourite of mine is without a doubt the Healthy Tanya Burr Brownies.

It seems that my top baking skills involve cheesecakes, I'm not a cheesecake expert or anything, although I imagine that to be a great job. However, every time I make a cheesecake it seems to be a real hit. One of my favourites is my Mint Chocolate Cheesecake and everyone who has tried it seems to love it, so  I thought I would share the method with you guys. It's a very aesthetically pleasing dessert and has a lovely creamy smooth texture with a crunchy biscuit base. This cheesecake would make a great addition to a Christmas menu or a dinner party, so I hope you guys enjoy it and try it out for yourselves!

For the base you will need...
12 Digestive Biscuits 
3oz of Melted Butter

Crush the Digestives until they turn into a biscuit crumble and then slowly add the melted Butter and mix together to create a Biscuit Base. 

Pour the Biscuit base into a deep circular greased tin and cover the bottom of the tin with the Biscuit Base and smooth over with the back of a spoon. 

Put cling film over the Biscuit base and pop in the oven to chill whilst you prepare the Cheesecake Mixture. 

For the Cheesecake Mixture you will need...
320g Cadbury Chocolate Philadelphia
250g Icing Sugar 
250ml Whipping Cream
2 Large Mint Aero Bars

Mix together the Chocolate Philadelphia & Icing Sugar in a large bowl.

Whip the whipping cream and then add it to the rest of the mixture.

Melt the Aero Bars and add to the mixture then mix all the ingredients until they create a thick smooth milk chocolate coloured consistency. 

Add the Cheesecake Mixture on top of the Biscuit Base and smooth over until the Dessert is all evened out.

Cover with cling film and pop in the fridge for two hours.

 Decorations (This step is optional)....
1 pack Mint Aero Bubbles
1 pack Matchmakers
1 bar of Mint Chocolate

Add the Aero Bubbles & Matchmakers to the top of the Cheesecake in whatever pattern you fancy. 

Melt the Mint Chocolate then grab a Folk, dip it into the chocolate then shake the Folk with a fast hand movement over the top of the Cheesecaks to give that fancy effect.

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign