Pages

Sunday 21 December 2014

The Morning After The Night Before Look


Good morning guys and welcome to Blogmas Day 20!

So after yesterday's antics with it being Mad Friday ( the last Friday before Christmas) I suspect a lot of you are reading this post with tired eyes and a banging headache. I feel ya girl! Hangovers are the worst - fact. You feel like death and therefore probably feel like your face does also. I thought I would put together a 'go-to' look for days when you want to look bright eyed and fresh faced even if you don't feel that way. This look has a fairy hefty coverage and the concealer works overtime but it's quick, simple and it does the job.

So you want to start off by taking a full coverage Foundation, I actually went for the Mac Studio Fix which is a Foundation that I don't really use that often but it has great coverage and doesn't look too cakey. I used a mixture of NC15 & NC25 as I had fake tanned so I needed something a bit darker than usual. You can use as little or as much as you like but I reckon a little goes a long way with this Foundation.

I then went in pretty heavy with the Revlon Colorstay Concealer under the eyes to conceal those heavy bags and create the illusion that I had an early night last night (even though I actually rolled in at 3am, oooops). You can also add some concealer to cover blemishes but I think the Foundation does the job in this instance.

Next you need to fill your brows in and I used the Benefit Gimme Brow and Benefit Browzings Wax to create a natural but fairly strong brow. You then need to take a volumizing Mascara - I used the Thick & Fast Soap & Glory Mascara - Mascara is a key part of this look because it will really make your eyes pop and you will begin to feel human again! 

Next up I used the Bourjois Highlighter down the bridge of my nose and above my cheek bone. I then added a bit of the Bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks and on my temples and forehead. 

To finish the look off I just added a bit of Chanel lipgloss. Since this is a day time look you only want something simple on your lips but you could always add some goldtoned eyeshadows if you wanted! 

How do you make yourself look human when you have the worlds worst hangover?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god love the idea of this post! Had lots of fun reading this :)
    Bourjois Highlighter and Revlon Concealer I 100% agree with!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign