Pages

Monday 17 November 2014

My Evening Skincare Routine


Hey my lovelies - so this is a post even I am surprised to be writing up right now. It's no secret of mine that until recently I have been a fiend for the face wipes, however you will be pleased to know I now have a somewhat reputable skincare routine in place. It's not perfect, but I'm working on it. It's a bit of a work in progress but I thought I would show you all how it goes down when it's time to remove my make up.

So first things first, I grab a Cotton Pad aka my new best friend, dampen it with warm water and just gentley cover my face with it. Now that my face is damp it is time to get the Cleanser. My choice of Cleanser is the Clarins Cleansing Milk with Gentian for Combination or Oily Skin.I simply squirt some of this onto my hands and rub it into my face. At first I found this step very strange, you know the whole idea of mixing your make up and cleanser all over your face - but it does work! So once I have rubbed the Cleanser on my face I grab another few Cotton Pads and rub in circular motions until all traces of make up is removed. This Cleanser is full of plant goodness and is kind to the skin - it definitely works for me! After I've cleansed, I like to use a Face wash just to double cleanse for good measure and ensure my face is squeaky clean. I usually use either the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean or Neutrogena Visibly Clear Face Wash in Pink Grapefruit. Once I've washed my face and dabbed it dry I then reach for my Toner. I use the Clarins Toning Lotion to soothe/tighten my face. I usually leave the Toner to absorb into my skin for about 5 minutes - in this time I like to brush my teeth and light some candles etc ready for bed time! After fussing around wasting time for 5 minutes - it is now time to add the moisturiser, I use Clarins Daily Energizing Cream or occasionally if my skin is really super dry and in need of a deep moisturise I either grab some Coconut Oil or my Botanicals Moisturising Balm for extra nourishment to my skin.

Now I know my skincare routine is by no measures perfect, but it is definitely progress from using a make up wipe, so I'm pretty proud that I'm actually sticking to this routine and I am actually noticing a difference. I mean, I'll go ahead and say it, I'm sure there are days where I will still ocassionally use face wipes, I know they aren't great for my skin but they never seemed to do too much harm. I will say however, this skincare routine has definitely made a notable difference to my face - my skin looks brighter and feels cleaner. I know some people choose to use a Night Cream in the evenings, but for me I think it is a lot of money to invest in something I'm not even 100% sure works so unless somebody proves me otherwise, I will probably continue to use my Daily Energizer cream both in the mornings and in the evenings.

Oh, one other thing - 2/3 times a week I also like to Exfoliate my skin using the Clarins Exfoliating Refiner just to get rid of any dead skin cells and make my face all the more smoother!

What's your evening skincare routine? Can you recommend any products to me?
I'd love to hear in the comments section below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign