Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Sunrises, Flowers & English Tea - A Week In Photos

Mornings guys

Another little feature on the blog I've tried to start swirling in occasionally seems to be the old' Week In Photos/What I've been up to this week kinda post. I s'pose seen as my blog is about What I've been up to its okay for me to keep you all informed of my daily antics - whether you like it or not!

This weeks been really nice, I mean it's been 'all go' but I've loved it nevertheless. Again this week seems to have also been very much family orientated. After my Aunties Wedding last week my cousin and my self promised my Grandad we would go and visit Stonehenge with him...so that's exactly what we did!

My Grandad picked me up straight from work on the Friday and in between several snacking stops, we made our way down south accompanied by the sound of 'I Just Can't Wait To Be King' out of The Lion King (on repeat might I add!). It's a bit of a piece of nostalgia for us both. When I was younger we always used to play it in the car - I'd play the leading role of Simba, whilst Grandad voiced the grumpy bird role. It's safe to say we had a lot of fun!

Upon arriving at the hotel, almost straggled to death at 10:30pm (we got stuck in traffic for what seemed like forever) we checked in and made our way up to our rooms. We stayed at The Lazy Cow Hotel in Sailsbury - it's a quirky old building that is also cow themed. It's got a bit of a shabby chic and a I'm an old building but I've got modern furniture look at me sort of look going on and I liked it!

Anyways, we had a few hours in the land of nod and then made our way down to Stonehenge ready for sunrise - there were a few odd people about but that's a story for another day! Unofortunately at sunrise I think we all expected something magical to happen and it didn't, but we still had fun all the same. When we got back to the hotel it was breakfast time and I went for the Blueberry Pancakes with Maple Syrup - they were delicious and looked incredible. In fact I was actually really upset that I'd left my phone upstairs because I couldn't photograph them. This was a real shame because they were so Instagram-able/Pinterest worthy as well. Darn it!

The rest of the week has been a bit of a hectic one - with juggling work, creating amazing salads, soups and some marketing freelance work but it's all in good spirit, especially because I go on holiday this Sunday - hoorah for me. I also managed to squeeze in some reading time, I started reading The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone - so far so good, I'll keep you updated on my final thoughts.

Oh and the photo of the flowers doesn't have any significance - my mum just put them in an old style lemonade bottle and I thought they looked cool. The tea pig tea pot was also something I just had to capture - for a lover of tea, observing this beauty at the hotel was a truly significant moment and the tea was exquisite, you'll be pleased to know.

Did you go to Stonehenge this weekend? Have you been up to anything cool this week? Please do let me know in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign