Pages

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Vintage or just being purely chiconomic?

So, along with most girls my age - keeping in with the fashion trends is just a great struggle really isn't it. We're all desperate to be part of the new cult trend, with only one problem on our hands...how on earth do you fund it. I always tell myself 'I am fashionable and I know what I want, I just don't have the funds to prove it'. If you're currently a student or even unemployed, you've probably reassured yourself with this statement many times.

As we all do, being on trend isn't cheap. Or is it? Fashion recycles and reinvents itself all the time, so who's to say that one day your  acid wash flares wont come in handy? You could always keep them until the next time round and re-work them (or not.) However, you can keep staple pieces or dig through your parents' wardrobe. You'll probably surprise yourself. I mean, never did I think back in the day that an oversized tee would be fashionable, now its all the range. Luckily, my dads wardrobe was heaving with them.

What I'm getting at is - just because you're on a budget it doesn't mean you can't be fashionable. Visit thrift shops, vintage shops, charity shops and look through your old relatives' wardrobe (with permission of course) and re-work/customize clothes so that its on trend but unique at the same time. In all honesty, all my life I have slated charity shops and thought it was the most embarrassing thing ever when my mum dragged me in one. Yet, these days I go in on a regular basis. I'll tell you how it is though - in towns like mine, the charity shops are shocking. You'll probably have to raid through a thousand garments bin worthy before you find a hidden gem. I was well impressed with my self the other week when I was looking in a shabby charity shop and came across a Yves Saint Laurent short. To later which I took home and cut up, to make slightly more on trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign