Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2016

Lets Talk About Gold Eyeshadow

So it's no secret that Gold/Glittery Eyeshadow is 'my thing'. I'm always wearing some form of it when sporting a bronzey smokey eye, I just feel like it really brings out my blue eyes.  I now have a bit of a collection going and thought I would just throw some recommendations out there of some of my favourites that I tend to reach for.

Now, without a doubt my all time favourite Gold Glitter is the 'pop' shade in the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette. In fact, I'll go ahead and say it, the Dolce Vita Palette is my favourite Eyeshadow Palette ever (pictured below). You can just create so many different looks that take from day to night time. If I'm ever going travelling this is my go to Eyeshadow Palette because, to me it just does it all. Anyway, the Gold Shadow in the Palette is a Rusty toned Gold Glitter that just looks so beautiful in the pan, it's literally like Gold Dust. I tend to apply this product with my finger as I feel the colour pay off is better this way and looks more intense. The pigmentation on all the Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadows are amazing and all have great lasting power.
Just missing out on first place is from yet another Charlotte Tilbury Palette-  the Golden Goddess. Again, the pop shade is amazing, it is definitely more of a 'true gold' compared the other one from the Dolce Vita, and whenever I run out of my favourite this is my back up shade.

Another popular Eyeshadow Palette that I probably neglect a bit to be honest, but offers a great selection of bronze shade Eyeshadows is the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. The shade 'Half Baked' is also a lovely Gold Eyeshadow, it is a little more sutble than the other products I've mentioned but is great for day time and a great introduction shadow for somebody who has only just ventured into Eyeshadow as it's pretty much fool proof.

The newest addition to my collection is a product that has been on my wishlist for a long time and that is the MAC Pigment in Copper Sparkle. At £16 a pop, you're essentially paying for a pot of pure glitter. This pigment is so beautiful and it is definitely more of an orange toned gold, but again it looks amazing on blue eyes. I haven't experimented much with this product yet but so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign