Pages

Tuesday 22 September 2015

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Haul

Morning guys,

So I am very excited to be writing this post today as all the products featured have been on my wish list for a long time now. For the past year or so  I have been dying to get my hands on some products from Anastasia Beverly Hills but paying the extra tax has been the only thing holding me back from clicking the purchase button!

I am now the  owner of three products from Anastasia Beverly Hills - a collection that I can only imagine will expand after my initial reaction to the quality of the products featured in this haul - albeit some minor disappointments (more on that later).

So first I thought I would talk about perhaps one of the most raved about products of the year and that is the ABH Contour Cream Kit. I went for shade Medium. Although I'm naturally very fair, I do fake tan a lot so  I thought it would make sense to go for a shade a bit darker. The palette contains three highlighting shades and three contouring shades. So first things first, this product is very creamy and I would suggest from personal experience that you only apply the product lightly. I use a Beauty Blender to apply the highlighting shades and a brush to apply the contouring shades. I'll be honest though, after first application I have pretty much neglected the contouring shades as I find the undertones a little bit orangey for my skin. Personally I prefer a truer brown or grey toned product for contouring. I tend to use the highlight shades along side my Clinique Contouring Chubby Stick as I just find application so much easier with the Chubby Stick. For highlighting I have been mixing the shades Banana and Cream as I find this is the perfect combo. These highlighting shades look gorgeous under the eye area and I have had so many compliments when using this product. It really does brighten up your eyes and makes your skin appear seamless & flawless. I find this palette to be a great addition to my make up collection and would definitely recommend it to anyone. Personally, I went for the cream version rather than powder just because my skin is naturally quite dry so liquids work better for my skin.

Next up is a product that has created a huge hype all over the internet in recent months and that is the Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood. This was actually my first ever Liquid Lipstick purchase. The doe foot applicator for the product means for quick and easy application.  I often find that you almost get too much product in one application so you have to be careful not too over do it. At first the product is very much a thick liquid formula but once left to work its magic it becomes matte. I have to admit, the lasting power of this product is fantastic, it stays on for hours!

Last but not least is probably one of the most cult products within the beauty industry and that is the Brow Wiz. I went for the shade 'Medium Brown' and find this suits me perfectly. I have to say when I first purchased the Brow Wiz I was pretty disappointed. I think I used it once and then threw it back into my draw for a few months because I just didn't like the finish of the product. However, I have since rekindled my love for the product, so much so in fact that it has made its way into my daily make up bag. One end of the product is a waxy formula that you can use to finely mimic eyebrow hairs and of course fill in those sparse areas. The other end is a spoolie that you can use to comb your brows with.

Overall my initial thoughts on the ABH products is that they are great quality and a brand I would definitely recommend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign