Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

The January Wishlist

January Wishlist


Morning guys! So I'm in a bit of a strange situation at the moment, as you can see above I have listed my January Wishlist. Now normally when it comes to writing a wish list there are usually so many things I want and I find it so hard to whittle it all down to one little collage. However this time round I know exactly what I want and all of the items are shown above.

So, over the past few months I appear to have built up my make up collection quite substantially and well, for the time being I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got! Can you believe it?! The majority of the items that have been on my wish lists in the past few months last year have all been purchased at some point. The only products I have been dreaming about  are those shown above but lets talk about each product in a little more detail shall we?

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella - Now something about this product really lures me in and has me intrigued - the main reason probably being that it is called Cruella and well 101 Dalmations has been an all time favourite in my books ever since I was little, lets be honest Cruella Devilla was just one of them villans you kinda loved to hate if you get me? She was very evil but had a bit of sass about her! Anyways, without going into a full review of 101 Dalmations (although it is the best film ever) lets talk about the other reason why I want NARS Cruella so bad. Well, I've never owned a Lip Pencil and I just think they're convenient to throw in your bag and don't require much effort upon application. Also, I feel the shade of this Lip Pencil mirrors that of MAC Russian Red and the fact that they both have a Matte finish. It's one of them products where there is only so many times I can go on the NARS website and drool over it - it will probably be in my make up stash next month, let's face it.

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder - So I've never really been much of a powder kinda' gal, I had a fairly brief encounter with the MAC Studio Fix Powder which I went through a phase of being obsessed with but upon reflection I realized it dried my skin out like hell! The only current Powder I have in my stash is a YSL one - don't ask me what it's proper name is because I couldn't tell you. I just know it was reduced in Debenhams around April last year so I thought hmmm why not?! I guess I'm yet to sort of see the benefits of powder, I mean this YSL one is 'ok' don't get me wrong but that's just about where the praise ends. It takes the shine away where required but I don't feel as though it sets my make up in place or anything. Recently though I've heard some fantastic reviews about the Healthy Balance Powder and with it being fairly cheap, I reckon I'm gonna have to give this a go and see what all the raving reviews are about.

Clarins BB Cream - Okay so I'm kind of cheating here. I already actually own this product but only in the form of a Travel size version. I mean it's lasting a fairly long time but it won't be long before I run out and because I love it so much I just want to get the full size version, oh and in a shade that actually suits my skin tone. The one I currently have is great when you've got a bit of a tan but for my naturally pale skin I definitely need a lighter shade. I love the Clarins BB Cream SO much & I don't get why nobody else seems to be singing it's praises because it is a genuinely amazing product.

Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette - Ah the Dolce Vita Palette, I have wanted this Palette ever since I laid eyes on it and it has fast become one of them cult products much coveted by beauty fanatics. There's no doubt about it,  the Dolce Vita is very expensive but from all the reviews I've heard from Charlotte Tilbury products and my experience with the Filmstar Bronze & Glow (review to follow soon) you just know that with that expensive price tag comes luxury and quality product. The Dolce Vita is one of them looks you just go for when you want to look super dolled up and is inspired by sexy Italian Actresses. I imagine that this is the Palette you go for when you want to look and feel like a movie star.

MAC Lipstick in Diva - Let's be honest, MAC have nailed it when it comes to Lipsticks - in my opinion their formula cannot be beaten. If I ever want a Lipstick I will pretty much always go to MAC. They have such a huge variety of shades and their products are long lasting, which is exactly what you want in a lipstick. I am desperate to get the shade 'Diva' it's a very deep wine/berry colour and would be perfect for evenings out especially during the winter months.

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk - Re-enforcing what I just said about Charlotte Tilbury before - I love her products, they're so beautiful and luxurious and well let's not even get started on the packaging. Since investing in MAC Stripdown & Velvet Teddy I kinda fell in love with more nude shade Lipsticks and I have heard so many wonderful things about Pillow Talk, people say it makes your lips look fuller and the shade is supposed to be really flattering on any skin tone. Need I say anything else? I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty much sold!

What's on your wishlist this month?


2 comments:

  1. OMG I Love the Clarins BB cream too, I also have the travel size version... I can't believe how good it is

    www.beckysbeautique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find my post here: http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.be/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    good luck!
    x Charline

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign