Pages

Monday 11 February 2013

Closer Magazine work exp.

After weeks of spending my days writing out cover letters and sending my CV's to various publications, I was absolutely thrilled this morning when I received a phone call from Closer Magazine offering me work experience. However, the magazine is based in central London so hotels are going to cost me a bomb :(.

I automatically said yes obviously, because I mean how can I possibly turn an opportunity like that down? Writing or working in Fashion is what I want my future to be and so I need to make the most of this! I'm so excited, I couldn't think straight whilst I was on the phone. Its strange because these past few weeks I've been really down, because earlier this year I made the decision not to go to university but to make my way into the industry this way and then work my way up. Despite sending out applications here, there and everywhere I just began to feel a little disheartened as I was receiving nothing.

With all my friends talking about university, it had been constantly playing on my mind and making me think 'have I made the right decision?' - Last year I did work experience at Bliss Magazine and my local newspaper but this simply isn't enough to allow me to barge my way into the industry. So, after receiving this wonderful phone call today; I feel as though my hard work is paying off and maybe I have made the right decision after all. Only time will tell.

All I know is that I'm very excited right now! Just thought I'd share that with you all. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign